The group has 470 employees.
SSC operates at five facilities in Sweden:
- Solna (head office and engineering center)
- Esrange Space Center, Kiruna
(launch and test services and satellite communication)
- Vidsel (test services for aerospace systems)
- Еgesta (teleport services)
- Salmijдrvi (satellite operations for ESA)
The company also has a representative office in Beijing, China.
SSC is the full-owner of four subsidiaries with facilities in and outside Sweden, see below.
SSC owns 100% of
- NanoSpace (Uppsala) which develops micro-mechanical systems
- ECAPS (Solna) which develops a non-hazardous propulsion system
- LSE (Munich, Germany, and Toulouse, France), space operations consultancy
- SSC Chile (Santiago, Chile), satellite station
SSC was founded by the Swedish government in 1972. It is wholly owned by the Swedish state and administered by the Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications.